Detox & Dementia Screening
Discover dementia early and detox
Parkhotel Igls is a diagnostic medi-spa where the Modern Mayr cure is practiced. For the past 2 years the health retreat offers a dementia screening diagnostic module using magnetic resonance tomography to assess whether a patient is likely to develop dementia within the next 7 to 10 years.
The test takes up to one hour and takes place at a well-established MRI institute in Innsbruck. The brain is scanned using magnetic resonance tomography and scans sent to a highly qualified research centre in Hamburg. The results are calibrated and come back in 3-5 days, much faster than the standard timeframe at a private hospital in the UK. The results are discussed during the concluding examination with the Mayr physician at the Parkhotel Igls.
Although there is no cure for dementia at present, early diagnosis can help. If you know that you are going to develop dementia, you can start mental training much earlier with special exercises known as brain jogging – you can also stop smoking, eat a balanced diet and keep blood pressure and cholesterol in check.
Modern Mayr Detox & Dementia Screening
Valid until 18 December 2016
- Initial examination – integrated health check (30 mins)
- 1 medical examination – manual abdominal treatment (20 mins)
- MRI scan: Parkhotel Igls has a unique collaboration with a well-established MRI institute in Innsbruck. The brain is scanned using magnetic resonance tomography and scans sent to a highly qualified research centre in Hamburg. The results are calibrated and come back in 3-5 days to be discussed during the concluding examination with the Mayr physician.
- Concluding examination (30 mins)
- 5 partial body massages (25 mins each)
- 1 liver compress with beeswax
- Daily Kneipp treatments (leg, arm or seated contrast baths)
- Personal Modern Mayr cuisine diet plan
- Mineral water, herbal tea and base broth
- Group exercise sessions, active and passive anti-stress exercises (relaxation), lifestyle management and mental coaching Lectures & presentations
- Use of swimming pool, sauna and panoramic gym
1 week €2,961. Price excludes accommodation.
» Nonbinding request
This module is based on a one-week stay.
Pioneer of Modern Mayr Medicine
Parkhotel Igls is one of the leading health retreats in Europe. The ‘house in the park’ offers personalised exercise, nutrition and regeneration concepts and state-of-the-art diagnostics based on Modern Mayr Medicine.
A holistic approach based on the findings of Dr FX Mayr is at the heart of the therapeutic approach at the Parkhotel Igls. The focus is on investigating the causes of disease – mostly in the area of the gastrointestinal tract – and not primarily on curing symptoms. Parkhotel Igls’ medical specialists work in close collaboration with Innsbruck University Hospital to offer a wide range of diagnostic options, consultations with specialists and most up-to-date examination methods to respond to silent conditions or chronic diseases at an early stage.
In addition to a medical department and modern destination spa, guests enjoy spacious relaxation rooms, fitness studios and a well-equipped gym.
Modern Mayr cuisine and the eight nutritional steps that range from strict fasting to the reduced-calorie Mayr Energy Diet form an integral component of the pioneering services on offer.
The six principles of Modern Mayr Medicine
As a holistic method for prevention and early diagnosis, Modern Mayr Medicine at the Parkhotel Igls is based on six fundamental principles:
- Resting the digestive tract by means of a therapeutic fast or personalised diet plan.
- Cleansing the digestive system with daily ‘bitter water’ (Epsom salts) water applications and increased fluid intake.
- Learning how to chew and eat properly, and adjusting dietary habits to suit individual nutritional needs for long-term recovery and regeneration.
- Supplementing the diet with key alkalis, vitamins, minerals and trace elements as and when required.
- Exercising daily – indoor and outdoor programmes under the instruction of dedicated professionals boost therapeutic effectiveness as well as overall fitness and vitality.
- Self-discovery with the help of talk therapy, psychological counselling, mental training, craniosacral treatments and mental coaching. Fasting can also be an impetus for emotional healing.
Contact details & Enquiry
Health Retreat Parkhotel Igls
Igler Strasse 51
Tel +43 512 377305
Fax +43 512 379225